In association with PIC Marine, Tristram Marine are able to offer you tailored “Tristram Owners Insurance” through Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffett). We encourage you to consider this premium insurance offering to ensure your Tristram receives only premium service & parts in the event of a claim. It also allows Tristram Marine to process & manage your claims which means you only need one phone number (ours). If you’re interested in proceeding our team can prepare the paperwork on your behalf.
The other main competitive benefits of insuring through Tristram Marine are:
Agreed Value Cover – meaning that if your vessel were to be deemed a total loss, you would be paid the sum insured, no questions asked.
No Fault, No Excess – if you are not at fault and can provide Third Party details & evidence, no excess payment will be required.
Resultant damage mechanical breakdown cover – there is no cover for the PART which is first affected, however any resulting damage from that part failing, would be covered.
Other policy benefits are:
- Personal Effects Cover to $10,000 for any event.
- Recreational Gear (Fishing & Diving gear) cover to $5,000 in total unless a higher amount is requested.
- Medical expenses cover up to $5,000, (costs incurred by you, or a family member as a result of an injury following a loss covered under the policy.)
- Rescue costs up to $25,000 for any event.
- Salvage Costs cover up to the Sum Insured value.
- Wreckage Removal up to 10% of the Sum Insured value.
- Emergency Towing cover up to $5,000 per event.
- Replacement Craft – 30 Days Automatic cover if a similar vessel is purchased to replace the currently insured vessel.
- If your vessel is deemed uneconomical to repair, the insurer will pay you the sum insured OR replace your craft with a new craft of the same model and specification, so long as the loss occurs within 3 years of purchasing the vessel new.