OUR RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS
23 March 2020 2:17pm – In response to the Government’s move to shift us to Level 3 we are now sending our team home until 20th April (minimum). Our leadership team will have emails / phones at hand. We will work to touch base with everyone who currently has their boat here for servicing, booked for servicing or who has a boat on order. We thank everyone for their patience and understanding.
23 March 2020 9:00am – As the Covid-19 situation progresses we are taking steps to ensure paramount importance is placed on the wellbeing of our team members, our customers and the wider community. It is essential we do our part to minimise the spread of the virus. We have robust internal procedures and protocols in place and our team are positive and resilient.
IF YOU ARE BUYING OR SERVICING A BOAT WITH US
- If you are showing any symptoms of illness we ask that you do not enter our buildings.
- Our team have been advised to not shake hands, please have fun trying different ways of greeting – we’ll join in to make it less awkward.
- If you are showing symptoms of illness and are due to collect your boat, we ask that you request an over-the-phone briefing. Our team will arrange for your boat to be ready for your collection on our driveway and we ask that you do not enter our buildings or touch any of the surfaces in and around our driveway area.
- Before your boat is worked on by any of our staff they will have washed their hands as per the Ministry of Health guidelines. We are also taking extra precautions around cleaning and sanitisation of team member and customer touch-points.
- If you’d prefer not to travel to see your boat being built, our team will keep you updated with photos of your new boat as it progresses through the Tristram Production Line. We will keep adding photos to your albums to keep you updated.
- If you are over 70 years of age, have compromised immunity or have underlying respiratory conditions we ask you to follow Government guidelines and stay at home. Where we can, we will arrange to have your boat delivered to you if it is with us at this time.
- Our team have been advised to wash hands regularly with soap and (subject to availability) to use hand sanitiser. We have also passed on Government advice to our team around best practice for minimising contact and reducing infection risk.
- We will not be conducting any events which involve the attendance of groups of people until officially advised otherwise. Unfortunately this means the postponement of our annual in-house Marine Expo in May.
- Any team member who is showing symptoms, or believes they may be at risk of spreading any illness, has been advised to stay at home for the full isolation period and we will be supporting them through this time.
- Our team now have staggered rest and meal breaks. If you have not made a booking and a team member is not available on your arrival, please bear with us while we work through these adjustments.
Finally, in order to protect our team members and the wider community, we ask that any customer experiencing symptoms of illness call us prior to visiting Tristram Marine.
For further information on Covid-19 please visit https://covid19.govt.nz/.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.