Why insure my boat package through Tristram Marine?
Tristram Marine will process & manage claims which means you only need one phone number (ours). Other benefits of insuring through Tristram Marine are:
Agreed Value Cover – meaning that if your vessel were to be deemed a total loss, you would be paid the sum insured, no questions asked.
No Fault, No Excess clause – if you are not at fault and can provide Third Party details & evidence, no excess payment will be required.
Resultant damage mechanical breakdown cover – there is no cover for the PART which is first affected, however any resulting damage from that part failing, would be covered.
Other policy benefits are:
- Personal Effects Cover to $10,000 for any event.
- Recreational Gear (Fishing & Diving gear) cover to $5,000 in total unless a higher amount is requested.
- Medical expenses cover up to $5,000, (costs incurred by you, or a family member as a result of an injury following a loss covered under the policy.)
- Rescue costs up to $25,000 for any event.
- Salvage Costs cover up to the Sum Insured value.
- Wreckage Removal up to 10% of the Sum Insured value.
- Emergency Towing cover up to $5,000 per event.
- Replacement Craft – 30 Days Automatic cover if a similar vessel is purchased to replace the currently insured vessel.
- If your vessel is deemed uneconomical to repair, the insurer will pay you the sum insured OR replace your craft with a new craft of the same model and specification, so long as the loss occurs within 3 years of purchasing the vessel new.